Updated as of January 2020
Our "Services" include the Software on this website, the services provided thereon, and all related services, applications, components, programs, software, listings, directories, tools, updates, databases and information made available and utilized. References to "you" or "user" in this Agreement means you, your duly authorized representatives and any entity you may represent in connection with your use of the Services.
I. What Information Do We Collect?
Vuze may collect information about you when you visit our Sites or use our Services, including the following:
- Information you provide us. We collect the content, communications and other information you provide when you contact us, including your email address.
- Information we get from your use of our services. We collect information about the services that you use and how you use them. This information includes:
- Device Information
We collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model and operating system version).
- Log Information
When you use our Services or view content provided by Polarity, we automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This includes:
- Internet protocol address ("IP Address")
- The type of browser you are using when using our Services, including your browser's "user agent" (e.g., Internet Explorer, Safari, and other browsers)
- Device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings,
- Your geographic location
- The domain name of your Internet service provider
II. How Do We Use This Information?
We are able to deliver, personalize, and improve our Services by combining and using the information that we have about you to understand how you use and interact with our Services. We also may use the information that we have about you for the following purposes:
- Provide, maintain, improve, and develop relevant features, content, and Services.
- To communicate with you by responding to your requests, comments, and questions.
- Help advertisers and publishers connect to offer relevant advertising in their apps and websites.
- Create analytics and reports for internal purposes. These analytics and reports may include aggregate or anonymous information.
- Detect and defend against fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful activity.
III. How Do We Share This Information?
We will not share the personal information we collect about you with any third party for their own marketing purposes without your consent. We do not sell, license or share information that individually identifies our users with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Polarity. We will share your information in the following ways:
- Our suppliers, subcontractors, and business partners ("service providers"): We may share your data with our services providers who process your personal information to provide services to us or on our behalf. We have contracts with our service providers that prohibit them from sharing the information about you that they collect or that we provide to them with anyone else or using it for other purposes.
- Companies within Vuze's group of companies: We may share your information with our parent company and our affiliates, which are entities under common ownership or control of our ultimate parent company.
- Fraud prevention: We may disclose the personal information we collect about our users when we believe disclosure is necessary to investigate, prevent, or respond to suspected illegal or fraudulent activity or to protect the safety, rights, or property of us, our users, or others.
- Law enforcement purposes and public safety: If requested or required by government authorities, such as law enforcement authorities, courts, or regulators, or otherwise to comply with the law, we may disclose any information we have about our users. We may disclose information collected about you in order to exercise or protect legal rights or defend against legal claims. We also may be required to disclose an individual's personal information in response to a lawful request by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- Sale or merger of our business: We may transfer your personal information to a third party if we or any of our affiliates are involved in a corporate restructuring (e.g., a sale, merger, or other transfer of assets).
V. How Long Do We Keep the Information?
We retain the information we collect about and from you for as long as necessary to fulfill a business purpose or comply with a legal request. We may also choose to anonymize certain information you provide to us so that it can no longer be attributed to you if we would like to retain it for longer periods of time.
VI. How Do We Protect Your Personal Data?
We maintain technical, physical, and administrative security measures designed to provide reasonable protection for your personal data against loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, and alteration. The security measures include firewalls, data encryption, physical access controls to our data centers, and information access authorization controls.
VII. Age Limitations.
The Sites and Services are not directed to children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect information, including personal data, from children or other individuals who are not legally able to use our Sites and Services. If we obtain actual knowledge that we have collected personal data from a child under the age of 13, we will promptly delete it, unless we are legally obligated to retain such data. Contact us if you believe that we have mistakenly or unintentionally collected information from a child under the age of 13.
VIII. International Data Transfers
IX. Your Rights
Individuals located in certain countries, including the European Economic Area, have certain statutory rights in relation to their personal data. Subject to any exemptions provided by law, you may have the right to request access to your personal data, as well as to seek to update, delete or correct this information. If you wish to access, review, change, or delete personal data we have collected from you, please contact email@example.com. To the extent that Vuze's processing of your personal data is subject to the General Data Protection Regulation, Vuze relies its legitimate interests.
X. California Data Privacy Rights
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83, which is also known as the "Shine The Light" law, users who are California residents may request from us a list of the Personal Information (if any) that we have disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes during in the preceding calendar year, this includes the names and addresses of such third parties. Requests may be made only one time per year. These requests are free of charge. To make a request, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and note that we are not able to accept requests through the telephone, mail or by facsimile. We cannot be responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly or that do not have complete information. In the body of such request, you must put the statement "Your California Privacy Rights", as well as your name, street address, city, state and zip code and you must provide enough information for us to determine if this applies to you. Additionally, you must attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address.
Additionally, California residents have additional rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA), such as:
- The right to access the data about you that we collect;
- The right to opt-out of the sale by us of any of the information we collect about you to third parties;
- The right to require that we delete any personal data (as defined under the CCPA) that we have collected about you;
- The right to know the categories of third parties to which we have sold data about you; and
- The right to know our reasons for collecting data about you (as is described in the EULA).
You can submit a request to exercise your rights above by mailing, emailing or calling us using the following information:
You must confirm that you are a resident of the State of when asserting your rights under the CCPA. We reserve the right to request that you provide further evidence as a resident of California before acting on your request.
To opt-out of the Company from selling any of the information it collects about you to third parties and to delete all such information, we offer an "Opt-Out" Option, which can be accessed by emailing us at email@example.com.
XI. More Information.
XII. Contact Us
Azureus Software, Inc
774 Mays Blvd. #10-568
Incline Village, NV 89451